1.13.2013

dimland radio 1-12-13 show notes


A Look At Sports

I did a little wrap-up talk about the NFL playoff games from earlier in the day.  Poor Broncos fans are going to be questioning the decision to take a knee with two time-outs and 30 seconds left in regulation.  The game was tied and with the great Payton Manning, why not try to get to field-goal range to avoid overtime?

Predictions

Former ZTalkers Allie Cheslick and Janet Russell, both believe themselves to be psychic (I'll refrain from divulging my opinion.), were mentioned on last week's Skeptic's Guide to the Universe.  It was during their psychic's predictions of 2012 review.  Allie and Janet didn't exactly nail it.

I also gave my predictions for 2013.  Admittedly, these are pretty high percentage guess, so I'll probably be right.  Here they are:
 
1)  By year's end, Bigfoot will still not be established to exist.
2)  By year's end, extraterrestrial visitation will still not be established to be happening or to have ever happened.
3)  9/11 Truthers will still not accept the official story despite the mountain of supporting evidence.
4)  Science will continue to make discoveries and developments that will improve our lives.
 
Ten Minute Topic With Chris Brown

Two weeks in a row?  That's right.  This time Chris and I talk about skepticamp, skepticism and curiosity, and a 10% tax hike on the middle class(?!).

Being Caught By Mom

Just give me two reasons why she's so popular... Oh.  Right.

A fellow I know told me a story of his brother and a life-size cutout of Elvira Mistress of the Dark.  It was innocent, really!  It was!  But try to tell your mother that.

I hope his story isn't one of those urban legend things.  I checked Snopes.com and didn't find anything, so it may be true.

I then related a similar story from my past.  It involved Monty Python's Flying Circus, the "Rude Visitors" sketch, a boob grab and the perfect timing of my mom walking in.
 
"What are you watching?!"

Movie Recommendation: Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil (2010)
 
  Magnolia Pictures

A funny twist on the cabin in the woods, college kids going out for beers, pot, and whatnot, and a pair of menacing hillbillies.  It's a slasher film, sort of.  Tucker and Dale just wanted a relaxing weekend at Tucker's "new" cabin and they would have were it not for those meddling kids.

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'I'll Be You' by The Replacements & 'All Shook Down' by The Screaming Blue Messiahs
Second ad break bumpers: 'Treason' by Naked Raygun & 'The Tide Is High' by Blondie
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment